- Follow other Buddy Walk® and Down syndrome fundraising events and engage with them to gain new followers
- Follow other local community organizations and nonprofits to gain new followers
- Limit tweets to less than 100 characters for higher engagement (e.g., re-tweet)
- Host creative contests on Twitter, where far fewer governing rules and regulations exist than on Facebook. For example, raffle off a free t-shirt among followers who tweet about the Buddy Walk® event (with link to your Stride site) every day for a week.
- Tag other profiles frequently to gain visibility among their followers, too
- Use hashtags such as #BuddyWalk, #Downsyndrome and #YourCityName (or other popular local or regional identifiers) to tie into your broader communities’ content streams!
- Prompt users to complete a sentence or phrase through a hashtag
- Use hashtags to ask questions on Twitter (#AskBuddyWalk)
Best Times to Tweet Content
- Tweet once per day
- Tweet in the afternoon between 3:00PM-7:00PM (Majority of retweets occur at 4:00PM)
- Avoid tweeting after 8:00PM any day and after 3:00PM on Fridays